THE SONG SPOT - MUSIC LESSON POLICIES
The Song Spot does not accept responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged articles.
- All program teachers are highly trained, professionals in their field of specialization, have extensive teaching experience and have passed a police record check.
All private lesson scheduling is done through the staff at the lesson counter. Changes cannot be made directly with your teacher.
- 24 hours notice via email is necessary to receive no charge for a private lesson. If your child is ill in the morning before their lesson please email ASAP. Same day cancellations will be charge a fee of $10.50. No shows will be charged a full lesson charge of $23.00.
- We are closed Labour Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas (Dec 24, 25, 26), New Year's (Dec 31 & Jan 1), Family Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday, Victoria Day, Canada Day and Civic holiday.
- We are CLOSED during the Christmas holidays (2 weeks that are concurrent with school board holidays) and the March Break (1 week). If the lesson counter is given a minimum of 2 days notice you will not be charged for your absence during these holidays.
- The Song Spot does not offer compensatory lessons or classes for absences and/or missed lessons that occur because students have conflicts, travel out of town, etc. or due to illness. This is in respect for our faculty members, who set aside a specific time for each student. This time is reserved. The teacher cannot give the time away to someone else or fill it again – thus s/he does not have the opportunity to make up the lost income. Though many students and families are consistent and reliable about attendance, some are not; this policy is a way to support our talented faculty.
In the event of inclement weather The Song Spot presents the following policy. If the Durham District School Board or Durham Catholic District School Board buses are cancelled students are welcome to email into the lesson department no later than 12 noon that day to cancel their lesson and receive a credit; requests for credits after this time will not be allowed. On the weekends the Music School Director will use his/her discretion to decide whether or not the snow day policy will take effect and if free cancellations will be permitted.
NSF Payments $20 charge will be applied to a student account for each NSF cheque received by the school.
Recitals and Special Events
Students must be actively enrolled in lessons in order to participate in recitals and/or special events.
If your teacher is not available for any reason a qualified supply teacher will fill in. If a supply teacher is not available you will receive a credit for the missed lesson.
If you are late you may only receive the balance of your lesson. If you are more than 15 minutes late your lesson will not be taught.
The lesson counter should be informed of a student stopping 2 days prior to the last lesson. If there are lessons remaining they will be kept on file for up to one year. Refunds are not issued for remaining account balances. Account balances can be transferable to other lessons, choirs, camps or groups.
To ensure your child’s safety, please be sure to pick him/her up promptly after class/lesson time. The Song Spot faculty and staff do not supervise children waiting in our hallways before and/or after classes/lessons. Children are under supervision during their instruction time only. Neither instructors nor administrators are responsible for supervising children outside of teaching time.